June 12, 2011

Graduation

Yesterday was graduation. (Actually, graduation was weeks ago. I'm now back in LA, but it took me a while to get around to publishing this post.) After the pomp and circumstance, the class headed back to the firepit for our final get-together. Ejler provided bloody marys and the Elephant  award was bestowed upon Dechen, a deserving recipient. The elephant award is passed down from a second year to a student that shows exceptional talent and character among a group of immensely talented characters. A good time was had by all. And then the good-byes began. I for one don't believe in good-byes, especially at this place. I feel that the school has a gravity all its own, and that most all of us will stay within its orbit. I look forward to seeing what we make of the experiences we had at College of the Redwoods Fine Furniture program.




3 comments:

  1. Your blog is really interesting - I had a few questions about the course. If you have time to answer them I'd be grateful - edward at pixelstripper.com (<- email address with @ rather than 'at'). Thanks, Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! My name is Nicholas Nelson, an IP alumn looking for more good blogs to follow.
    Love your Kwila Table for Two! Elegant, friendly, and inviting.
    Hope to see continued work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,

    I was wondering if there were any openings in your workspace for apprenticeships. If you have time to discuss this, I'd really appreciate it. You may reach me at alln.newton[at]gmail.com.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete