January 6, 2011

The End is in Sight

I'm getting very close to being done with my cabinet, but I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed by all the small finishing details. Pretty much all that's left is figuring out the necklace hanger, carving drawer pulls, making dividers and cloth-covered inserts for the drawers, and doing the final finishing work. I hope to have this all pulled together by next Friday. Wish me luck!

Here's a picture of the dovetailed drawers I just completed. They've turned out to be one of my favorite aspects of the cabinet. I love the gradation of color from light to dark and the dark beauty marks in the wood. I also like the change in spacing of the dovetails from the littlest to the biggest drawer. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the drawers are very small. The smallest drawer is about 4" wide by 4" deep by 1" tall. They're miniature!


No comments:

Post a Comment