October 10, 2010

Sunday Bike Ride



Today I rode Little Lake Road to Caspar Little Lake Road just outside of Mendocino. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful ride, although the dirt road through Russian Gulch State Park was somewhat a surprise to me and my road bike. The paved section was rough enough--I hit a pothole so hard going speedily down a hill that my water bottle flew out of my bottle cage and broke and my tool bag flew off the back of my bike, even though it was securely velcroed in place! 

I took a mid-ride detour down to the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse where I saw a young buck in the meadow. It was nice to jog the mile-long path after biking. My legs were already warmed up and ready to go.


I hope you all don't get tired of photos of ridiculously beautiful coastal scenery and impressive trees, because that's about all there is around here.





No comments:

Post a Comment