October 6, 2010

Life is Routine

For one of the first times in my 29 years, life is very routine. I wake up at 6:30am, do some work around the house, and then go to class from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Mondays I go to yoga, Wednesdays I go to swim practice, Thursday evenings are drawing class and Friday evenings are Elephants (a weekly party at the wood shop, named after the pilsner beer Carlsberg Elephant). The nice thing about the routine is that it allows me to notice small variations that can be very pleasant surprises. On Monday after yoga I saw a group of my fellow yoga-goers gathered around the trunk of a car. A woman from class was selling a nice chevre cheese she makes from her goats' milk. I bought a log, and it is delicious. It's especially tasty on Wasa crackers with ripened on the vine tomatoes fresh from a local farm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment